Afghanistan ‘The London Conference’ January 2010
In Jauary 2010, the London Conference on Afghanistan was hosted by the UK at Lancaster House in London. This historic venue has been the site of numerous high-profile meetings and buk Solutions (formely Brähler UK Ltd) was appointed to provide the simultaneous interpretation and microphone systems for this key meeting.
Inside the venue, we installed interpreter booths and push-to-talk microphones, including automatic cameras controlled by the discussion system and a microphone queuing system.
In nearby Green Park, marquees were erected to host press conferences and we installed interpretation systems and press audio distribution feeds for all languages, including 1,000 delegate receivers and headsets.
- Plenary system composed of a 9-channel interpretation system for 250 delegates
- Relay to 600 delegates in a separate marquee.
- Supplied 90 unit DC10 microphone system integrated with a 5-dome camera system relaying “talking head” pictures to the interpreters and to watching delegates in other areas.
- Post conference press briefing in adjoining temporary structures for 6 languages using the digital interpretation system
- 600 Infrared receivers for local and international media
- 30 separate sound-proof booths in the press areas for use by radio broadcasters.